An MRI arthrogram uses a specialist type of X-ray and MRI scanning to investigate the causes of joint pain. It can be used to diagnose conditions affecting the shoulder, hip, knee, wrist or elbow.
- Ligaments and tendon sprains – stretched or torn ligaments involving all limbs
- Muscle strains – stretched or torn muscle fibres around the body
- Stress injuries – stress responses in bones around the body
- Trauma – fractures and dislocations of joints and subsequent soft tissue injuries
- Back pain – soreness, tension or stiffness