As we enter the final countdown to this year’s London Marathon, thousands of runners are training hard and making their last minute preparations to compete in the world’s largest single annual fundraising event.
- Ligaments and tendon sprains – stretched or torn ligaments involving all limbs
- Muscle strains – stretched or torn muscle fibres around the body
- Stress injuries – stress responses in bones around the body
- Trauma – fractures and dislocations of joints and subsequent soft tissue injuries
- Back pain – soreness, tension or stiffness