Unless you’re a fully paid-up member of the “all-weather runners club” you might be forgiven for confining your running schedule to the warmer months when the days are longer and the chance of rain is less (although always a possibility here in the UK!).
- Ligaments and tendon sprains – stretched or torn ligaments involving all limbs
- Muscle strains – stretched or torn muscle fibres around the body
- Stress injuries – stress responses in bones around the body
- Trauma – fractures and dislocations of joints and subsequent soft tissue injuries
- Back pain – soreness, tension or stiffness